Solo Chick Alaska Adventure

I'm making one of my dreams come true by doing a solo chick adventure to Alaska. I’ll chronicle my trip here.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Flying into Anchorage


I’m writing this from the plane. It was a long trip. Had to fly to Dallas and then get a flight to Anchorage. I’ve been super-tired but now I’m getting revved. Normally all you can see is clouds when you look out the plane window. But the white I see is snow – capped on top of mountains! It’s a mind-blowing sight – one mountain range after another looking majestic and close enough to touch. I feel so close to God right now.

We’ve been seeing the mountains on and off for about 2 hours, since we got above Vancouver. But now they’ve been completely visible – I mean clear as a bell visible – for quite a while. I wish I hadn’t packed my camera in the bag I checked. Didn’t expect to see any sights worth snapping from the plane. But oh man, it’s almost surreal. Big peaks speckled with white veins, sometimes clouds floating atop of them. Then they peek out over a sea of clouds. Like a fluffy ocean with the mountains amidst them. How blessed I am to experience this and the 18 days to come!

I’ll be in Alaska in less than 2 hours! Stay tune for further details and hopefully photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home